Thursday, February 20, 2014

School Girl Charm



Mixing old and new(ish), or rather neglected and old favorites.  I think it looks like a school uniform with a personal twist and some color.  Is this why I sometimes get mistaken for a student of some kind?  Not the grown, graduate kind but the "what's your school mascot?" kind.  I'm kidding.  But really, all I need is a backpack.

[psst! there's more writing below]


Mustard yellow and turquoise...hmm.  A happy combination, I think.  The skirt has been unworn for over a year (goodness!) and there's no reason why. 
 Just remembering that every article or post about organizing closets/wardrobes always mentions purging.  Anything that doesn't fit or you no longer wear you should throw out or give away.  I can't seem to take that advice unless I've really grown to hate an item.  But actually that's not even true.  I've kept clothes I don't like so much on the hanger with the hope that creativity with spark within me and I'll find some cool, unique way to style them later.

Later is waiting, later is coming.  So maybe that's what I should actively do...try to wear everything in my closet.  Or in the very least partake in that purging thing.  What do you think?


Outfit Details
Cynthia Rowley t-shirt (TJ Maxx)
Ann Taylor Loft vest (ThredUP)
Richard Chai for Target skirt
Dolce Vita flats
Steve Madden crossbody
Ruche earrings
favorite bangle set in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment