Saturday, February 15, 2014

Love is Still Here


With all the Valentine's Day anticipation-- the inundation of red and pink, card displays next to the checkout lines, sales (because what's Valentine's Day without a new blender or limited free shipping?), themed blog posts (erm...) and sentiments from people in the Singles Awareness Day camp-- all the supposed "love" seems to die down right after.  Or maybe afterward it's expected that everyone return to "normal", to not make a big display of affection.  It's like "Ya'll had your day of love, now sit down with all that...we're on President's Day now." 

Of course, love exists and can be celebrated 24/7, 365 days a year.  And that's a special thing, to make every day special, to express your love for family, friends and significant others any time, any day.  Yesterday was lovely because I knew I am loved, just like I did the day before and just like I know the day after.  I hope you know it's true for you too!

Photo Credit
So...on this 15th day of February I just pray that the heart-shaped, Valentine's-inspired candy is heavily discounted.  I also want to share some music from one of my favorite singers.  Miss (Leave) Get Out, Miss Andre A-a-a-a-a-andre.  She released a new EP, #LOVEJO yesterday.  Her vocal talent is amazing.  I luurrve her music -- especially her first mixtape Can't Take That Away From Me and second mixtape Agape.  And now #LOVEJO.  Take a listen here.

Obsessed with her cover of Anita Baker's "Caught Up In The Rapture."  In other unsolicited thoughts of mine, the Google doodle for Valentine's Day was so wonderful.  I listened to three of the This American Life stories at least twice, they were that sweet.  I wonder if I could revisit them...hmm.

1 comment:

  1. You are so right. We should feel loved every day. We should not take our cues to love from Cadbury, Godiva, hallmark and other purveyors of valentine day ware.

    ReplyDelete