Monday, August 25, 2014

Simple Joy


Hello beautiful people!  
I've got to say, joy that seems to come from nowhere in particular is the best.  Sometimes your life is just fine, nothing devastating or horrible to be concerned about but nothing to jump on a couch about either.  Content without a smile.  Then something as simple as dressing up or getting home safely late at night can fill you with joy (and some serious excited energy).  This happened to me a few weeks ago when I went home and went out with my mom and sister.  To express joy just because...begets more joy, eh?

My mom told me to bring something to wear for a graduate school send-off party and a bridal shower (really, a pre-wedding party that didn't start until midnight).  I packed two outfit options.  When it came time to get dressed I decided to raid my sister's closet and pulled out this simple Prabal Gurung for Target dress.  I was drawn to its print and lack of zippers, cinched waist, or inner lining.  The shoes I'd brought with me were no good, but surprise! there were these pink heels that had been in my closet for six actual years (maybe more) and I don't recall ever wearing them anywhere.  I strategically pinned up my hair and then added silver/shiny jewelry and a pink lipstick (Maybelline's Color Sensational Vivids in Vivid Rose).  Look good, feel good!

*We took photos after coming home close to 3 am when we should have been beat and flopping straight onto the bed to sleep.


Outfit Details
Prabal Gurung for Target First Date printed dress // Michael Antonio lace-up heels // JewelMint Forever Audrey earrings // JewelMint Frosty Florals necklace // super old silver bracelets and bangle 


I hope you find some simple joy today.  Or just create it yourself, from within, no matter what may be happening in your life.  And if times is hard and things are a'changin', continue to look up (and forward) to get through.  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment