Friday, July 18, 2014

Medio del Verano


Hey guys!!  I hope everyone's summer has been lovely so far.  When I stopped to think about it I couldn't believe it's already mid-July.  I remember someone asking me "How's your summer been?" and I was like "What?"  We're in the middle of summer and the sun hasn't lied yet, but the ads for back-to-school sales have started to play.  Hmmm....it's not too soon for that?

For the past two years the end of summer has only meant the end to no school zones and less traffic on my commute to work.  And now, the end of summer is not just the end of a season because I'll also be going back to school.  Aaahhh!  But until then, I'm gonna enjoy my "last" summer break...

By wearing a maxi dress in the middle of a weekday (when I'd usually be at work dressed acceptably casual or more office ready-- one extreme or the other).  I've worn this a couple of times when I felt too lazy to wear anything else because that's what no-nonsense dresses are for.  No-nonsense: no zippers, no clasps, no buttons, no inner lining, no layers to straighten.  

Photos courtesy of my sister. 

artistic liberty
Outfit Details
Soprano dress (TJ Maxx)
Nine West cardigan (TJ Maxx)
Sam Edelman sandals (Marshall's)
my overused Steve Madden crossbody (TJ Maxx)
JewelMint spiky gold bangle (JewelMint.com)
Rachel Roy gold teardrop hoops (Nordstrom Rack)

No comments:

Post a Comment