Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Testing the Youtube Waters




Hmm, it seems I've been talking about my hair mostly in this recent blog revival. Can't promise this will be the last, though. 

Anyway, several weeks ago I decided to test the YouTube waters. Two extraordinary, cool people (who do not know who I am lol) inspired me to this, along with my frenemies, boredom and procrastination. Those last two definitely played a serious role in turning a thought into an actual creative final product.

Ijeoma of Klassy Kinks did this Nigerian and Natural Tag with Nappy Fu. I thought to myself, "I'm Nigerian. I'm natural. I could do this too." Then there's Shameless Maya who I discovered years ago. I watched her very first video about being shameless (which is something I struggle with in reference to blogging). I really like the positivity and encouragement she promotes on her social media outlets. I should (and you should) really check out more of her YouTube videos and/or feel free to "do you boo." 

I think I started over in recording three separate times until I had two versions, which I spliced together in the only editing tool I have, Windows Movie Maker. Although I never thought it was, editing is no joke. Nine minutes of just me. All I can hope for is that some people watch it and enjoy. As of today it's got 19 views and I can only assume that at least 80% are family member views. Nineteen is greater than five, which was the count after the first two weeks. Sounds great to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment