Tuesday, December 31, 2013

I Woke Up Like This


I know there has already been enough commotion over Beyonce's surprise album release, but I was out of the country and out of the loop.  My lovely sister gave me the physical album for Christmas and I wanted to hear if it would be as amazing as others have made it out to be.  The cover art hidden beneath the sleeve turned me off (yes Beyonce, we've known you're bootylicious for some time now) and the Parental Advisory sticker was unexpected, but I am angel either so I looked past it and had me a listening session.


Of course I now have it on repeat. I love it XO.  And I've been drankin'.  The pink and black of the album sleeve inspired my color choice today.  I'm half-wondering if this sweater is meant to be cropped because it's actually a petite-sized piece (which I'm not but oh well).  I also decided to apply makeup, something I still don't know how to do so well.  I put too much, forget steps (is translucent powder necessary?) and sometimes look clownish.  But isn't that the fun of it?  Next time I should watch one of the thousands of beauty YouTube videos and try to learn those techniques.  Easy New Year's resolution maybe?  



I feel I should express some kind of sentiment about the year coming to a close and the new year ahead.  It's most appropriate but I wouldn't be saying anything much different from everyone else.  So instead I'll say this: Let's not make December 31st forgettable.  The last day of the month and of the year is likely tired of being overshadowed by NYE emphasis.  The day is more than that. Day >>> Night.  Don't you understand?! lol

Wet n' Wild ColorIcon Eyeshadow in Petal Pusher
Maybelline ColorSensational in Vivid Rose



Outfit Details
St. John Sport by Marie Gray sweater (old from my mom)
white tank (H&M)
Levi's Bold Curve skinny jeans
the stiffest sneakers ever made (Forever 21)
pink necklace I tried to fold into a bracelet
L'elegance bangle (old old old from a fashion yummy-looking jewelry store)


[Still] Happy New Year's Eve to anyone and everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment