Wednesday, July 23, 2014

L-O-V-E-E-E

Love
There are several pop culture references popping up in my head right now... 

First, 
I went to the McNay Art Museum for the first time with my sister and the name makes me think of that stupidly fun song "Drop that #NaeNae."  (much respect to the late Marion Koogler McNay) I might have been a little too energetic while touring the museum (to the chagrin of my sister), shimmying and dancing around the art.  What a shame that I did not think to drop that NaeNae.  

Second, 
I don't wanna give you the wrong impression, I need love and affection.
And I hope I'm not sounding too desperate, I need love and affection.
Love, love, love, love and affection.
Love, love, L-O-V-E-E-E and affection
--Loveeee, Rihanna feat. Future

Thanks to Future for his seal-ish wails and half the inspiration for this blog post title.  To fully grasp the power (sweet desperation and awesome ridiculousness) of this song, you must have a listen if you haven't before.  The lyrics are just not enough. 

Third,
The Love Sculpture.  I knew I'd seen it somewhere (in a photo) and that somewhere was not San Antonio.  Philly and New York for sure, I thought.  The artwork by Robert Indiana was first created as a print image (on holiday cards and stamps) in 1964 and first made into a sculpture in 1970.  And apparently there are eighteen versions of Love in the United States, with the original sculpture in Indiana.  Thank you for fulfilling my curiosity, Wikipedia. And thank you for reading/skimming/browsing/glancing.

♥ Much love!


Mostly blue with a pop of red and a block of black
haphazard
Outfit Details
Cynthia Rowley tank // Forever 21 jacket // Kut by the Cloth shorts
Steve Madden red belt // Report oxfords // Rebecca Minkoff Mac bag

Can I get a source, please?

No comments:

Post a Comment