Saturday, March 22, 2014

Oxford Blues



Oxford for the shoes and blues for the color scheme and the lighting failure outdoors (sadness thanks to my darn skills with the red light box)...when I titled this post I didn't realize it's also the title of a 1980s movie starring the deliciously blue-eyed Rob Lowe.  Thanks again, Google.

So spring is officially here and today was quite beautiful.  But I could not for the life of me figure out how to capture the beauty of the outdoors (balcony) with a subject (me) thrown in.  So I moved indoors... 


These blue/white striped oxfords were purchased on a whim last September...and I have yet to wear them anywhere.  I meant to reevaluate the shoes and maybe return them but then I let the receipt expire.  
Trying to establish personal style shouldn't mean shopping for new things all the time and it definitely shouldn't mean allowing things to collect dust in the back of your closet.  I suppose that I am really going to try to wear everything in my closet. Learning to treasure my clothing, where treasure = wear it out/wear it well.

Essentially wrote about this same thing two posts ago (oops!).  Some things should be repeated often.  Other things, not so much.  Freshening is in order, just in time to fit the connotations of this new season.  Everyday is a good day to begin a goal, a transformation or a renewal.  Yes, we've got New Year's Resolutions, new semesters, spring, milestones and life transitions...but everything in between is a good enough day too.
Something to think about.  

And that is all I have for today.  Until next time, enjoy the last week of March!

lite brite
Outfit Details
Cynthia Rowley tank dress (TJ Maxx)
New York & Co vest 
Report oxford shoes (Nordstrom Rack)
JewelMint Clara bracelet
American Eagle tiny gold cross earrings

*Just starting reading The Color Issue of Instyle...already influenced before I knew it.  Flexing my power...

No comments:

Post a Comment